Are you looking to build an internet store? Wish to know which is the best WordPress e-commerce plug-in? Choosing the right e-commerce plug-in is crucial for your company because a better platform implies more opportunity for growth. But not all of them have the essential set of features that is a requisite to start your e-commerce site.
Some e-commerce plugins are good for selling digital goods like eBooks, pictures, music, and more while others are more suitable for selling physical goods that need shipping and inventory management like the best drop shipping platform. There are also e-commerce plugins which are good at both of them.
Considerations When Choosing an E-commerce Plugin
- Plugins. You have to choose a plug-in depending on what you'll be selling and what type of features you'd need to efficiently run your online store.
- Payment gateways. You need to consider which payment gateways you'll utilize to accept payments. Ensure that the plug-in you choose supports those payment gateways by default or through add-ons.
- Themes that work with your choice of plugins. Your e-commerce plug-in won't come with a theme. You'd need to see that the plug-in you choose has themes that work with the plugin.
- Add-on Plugins. It's impossible for an e-commerce plug-in to have all of these features. Make certain that there are sufficient add-on plugins compatible to your choice of WordPress e-commerce website and other services. Add-on plugins are created by most of them. These add-ons extend the functionality of your e-commerce plugin.
- Support. You need to see what type of support options are available for the plugin. Even if you decide to hire a developer to work on your site, you'd still need help every once in a while. Ensure that the plug-in has a support system where you may get help.
What Do You Need to Run an eCommerce Website?
1. WordPress hosting. E-commerce websites are resource intensive, so the first thing you may need is the best WordPress hosting that you could really afford.
- Bluehost. If you are on a spending budget, then you can start with Bluehost. The E-commerce plan comes with SSL certificate which is needed to collect payments securely, dedicated IP, and a dedicated support line. They also install WooCommerce by default which, whenever you read a review, you would find out that it is the strongest WordPress E-commerce plugin.
- WPEngine. If spending budget isn't an issue and you want the best performance, then we recommend utilizing a managed WordPress hosting provider like WPEngine.
2. Domain Name. You'll have to choose a domain name for your website. It is recommended to use a .com domain since it is notable by many users and most of them will unconsciously type in “.com” even if they are not supposed to. For your domain name to stand out, choose your keywords wisely, keep it short, and make sure it is easy to spell and pronounce.
3. Business Plugins. Choose essential business plugins that you may need like OptinMonster that helps you reduce shopping cart abandonment and increase sales.
WooCommerce is by far the best WordPress e-commerce plug-in based on several reviews and research. It is also the most popular WordPress e-commerce plugin used by thousands if not millions of dropshippers today.
If you are looking to starting an e-commerce business, start with the best dropshipping platform which can provide you with reliable shipping service and suppliers. About 1.5 million people have started with eBay using reliable dropshipping tools. eBay is among the well established and most trusted names in the e-commerce industry. Therefore, selling on eBay helps boost both your brand and your sales.